Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ill just post it here anyway....

Im sure you all want to read about my fantasy football team about as much as you would like me to recite my career flag football statistics and read the journal I kept when I was a kid keeping track of my stats on Tecmo Super Bowl. I feel it needs to be documented though.

My first round pick, 12th overall was Maurice Jones-Drew. Best RB available at the time. I followed it up with Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, and Wes Welker. All poised to have good years, right? Cleveland Steamers goin all the way this year! Heres how my draft went round by round (and how it worked out):

1- Maurice Jones Drew RB-JAX (benched)
2- Peyton Manning QB-IND (benched)
3- Dallas Clark TE-IND (playing like shit)
4- Wes Welker WR-NE (nothing without Brady)
5- Kevin Curtis WR-PHI (injured-cut)
6- Minnesota Viking Defense (traded)
7- Dontae Stallworth WR-CLE (injured-cut)
8- Philip Rivers QB SD (Best player on my team)
9- LJ Smith TE-PHI (Nowhere to be found)
10- Jeff Reed K-PIT (cut during bye week)
11- Philadelphia Eagles Defense (made Viking D expendable)
12- DeSean Jackson WR PHI (steal of the draft)
13- Ricky Williams RB-MIA (cut)
14- Justin Fargas RB-OAK (cut)

Injuries and disappointment decimated my roster. Brady gets hurt, so Welker becomes worthless. Kevin Curtis gets a hernia the day after the draft. Donte Stallworth cant answer the phone without tearing something, PeyPey and Dallas shit the bed, Ricky Williams loses his starting job and MJD averages shit in what should be his breakout year. Six of my original picks got cut or traded. Thats how effective I was in drafting this team. I drafted my best player in the EIGHTH FREAKIN ROUND.

Other than that, my scab squad of Devrey Henderson, Justin Gage and Wes Welker have been awful. Even tried Hank Baskett, Lance Moore and Chansi Stuckey for a week. Dont ask me why. Tried to add spark to the running game by picking up Darren Sproles. Didnt work. My wide reciever corps is horrible. I benched Manning (trying to trade him) because I stole Philip Rivers in a late round, and he is my favorite player in the world. Ill probably stick with him.

Lucked out by picking up Chris Johnson in week 2 when I cut Ricky Williams. Picked up Michael Pittman and immediately traded him with the Viking Defense for Brandon Jacobs and Texans WR Kevin Walter a few weeks ago. Didnt really upgrade my WRs there, but I now have depth at the RB position. I picked up Mewelde Moore after his huge game against the Bengals. Still shopping Manning and either one of my TE's (LJ Smith & Dallas Clark) for a WR.

So heres what Im working with:
QB1-Philip Rivers- SD
RB1- Chris 'Wish Lendale Whites Fat Ass Would Stop Taking my TDs' Johnson- TEN
RB2- Brandon Jacobs- NYG
TE1- Dallas Clark- IND
WR1- DeSean Jackson- PHI
WR2- Wes Welker- NE
WR3- Kevin Walter- HOU
K- John Carney- NYG
DEF- Philadelphia Eagles
Bench
QB- Peyton Manning- IND
RB- Mewelde Moore- PIT
RB- Maurice Jones Drew- JAX
WR- Justin Gage- TEN
K- None
DEF- None

Ive won two straight against top five opponents in my 14 team league, so I climbed out of the basement to get to 3-4 (9th place). Hopefully I can find a WR who is consistent and not injury prone. I was tempted to bring back Stallworth or Curtis. Man Im desperate.

1 comment:

dAndy ManCandy said...

I too also got doinked a little, But I too also picked up C Johnson after he worked the Jags in his debut. And I picked up DeSean after his terrific celebration against Dallas that happened just a yard or so to early. I've got most of my fantasy woes posted at me crib. Check it out if you get a chance.

P.S. This is why I let the computer pick my team each year. That way if I get a jacked up players I don't take it out on myself. I thougt about taking Westbrook 1st round if I was going to draft and look what that would have got me.....fucked!!